We can’t leave out the Veep, Mike Pence, and the new unqualified Secretary of Education in our offerings!
Reasons to stick a pin in Betsy:
1: She quite literally bought the job. DeVos’ family has donated over $200 MILLION to the republican
party. Aside from large donations to Trump, you can find a list of the senators here who voted to confirm her.
2: Thinks it’s ok for guns to be in schools. DeVos said that states should decide school gun policies. Citing Sen. Mike Enzi of Wyoming, DeVos said, “I would imagine that there is probably a gun in the schools to protect from potential grizzlies.” Because all schools are at risk of bear attacks…
3. Did not understand the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act that guarantees services at schools to children with disabilities.
4. DeVos, a staunch opponent of the public school system, has been accused of wanting to gut public schools, which provide the education for 90 percent of children in the United States.
5.Never attended a public school.
6. Does not have an education degree.
7. Has never been a teacher or school administrator.
The VEEP, Mike Pence
Former Indiana Governor Mike Pence. Here’s a slick misogynist to go right along with Trump.
Reasons to stick a pin in Pence:
1: Thinks the military should be men only.
2: While 95% of scientists agree that climate is changing, Pence denies that science has any validity.
3: Wants to overturn Roe v. Wade. Pence said “I long for the day that Roe v. Wade is sent to the ash heap of history.”
4: Gay rights? What’s that? Pence once said that gay couples will bring about ‘societal collapse.’ He is likely most remembered for signing into law a “religious liberty” measure that would allow businesses to discriminate against the LGBT community.
5. Smoking cigarettes: “Time for a quick reality check,” Pence once said about smoking. “Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn’t kill.” Of course, this should come as no surprise from a guy who voted against the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act of 2009.
6. Has expressed disdain for working mothers. In Pence’s eyes, the privilege of balancing family life and career, popularly known as “having it all,” should be reserved for men. Why, you ask?“Sure, you can have it all, but your day-care kids get the short end of the emotional stick.” Wait. What? So what about the Dads who are working? It’s only Mom who stunts the kids’ growth? And how about single Moms?
This guy thinks we should go back to 1950.